Teradyne is a global technology company delivering progressive solutions to complex testing challenges. Technology begins with innovation, which is fueled by creativity and diversity of thought. At Teradyne, differences between people are appreciated for the value this brings to our business.
Creating an environment that embraces diversity is critical to our success and to maintaining our reputation as a workplace of choice. We address our commitment to diversity through a robust college recruiting program, community outreach, professional development opportunities, and flexible workplace initiatives.
Below are examples of Teradyne's diversity initiatives.
- Teradyne participates in the Society of Women Engineers (SWE), National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE), and the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE) National Conferences as an exhibitor at the career fair. We also partner with student chapters to hold events on campus.
- Teradyne has been a proud sponsor of the Black Achiever program for the past 31 years. The YMCA Black Achievers youth programs link employees who have been recognized as Black Achievers, with youth in a community effort to develop the educational, career and leadership potential of young people. Teradyne nominates two Black Achievers each year.
- Teradyne participates in Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) Women's Industry Network (WIN). It’s a cluster mentoring program that brings together female WPI students and professional women engineers, scientists and managers. Teradyne employees meet with students to provide opportunities to explore possible career paths and meet and network with working women.
- Teradyne sponsors the WPI Camp Reach program. Camp Reach is an academic engineering program held each summer at WPI for girls who will be entering the 7th grade in the subsequent fall. The goal of the program is to generate interest in engineering and technology and to enhance self-confidence and motivation toward education.
- Teradyne sponsored Bentley College’s conference, Gearing Up: Strategic Tools for Career Advancement. The conference was designed to provide women in the first decade of their career with practical ways to enhance their professional development. Several Teradyne employees attended the event, along with over 100 employees from local companies. This was an excellent opportunity for employees to learn strategic skills that will help them with their career, and offered a chance to network with local colleagues.