1. Personal Data and Data Subject
The Personal Data is generally categorized as either “Ordinary Personal Data” or “Sensitive Personal Data”. Sensitive Personal Data is always confidential and includes racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic and biometric data, health, and sexual orientation. Ordinary Personal Data is partially confidential, and includes but is not limited to name, customer number, contact information such as email and telephone number, photos, IP addresses, other usage information collected via cookies, information related to criminal offenses and national identification numbers, as well as information regarding a person’s salary, pension, debt, employment application materials, etc.
2. Data Controller
EIN # 04-2272148
600 Riverpark Drive,
North Reading, Massachusetts 01864, USA
Telephone: +1 978-370-2700
Teradyne has offices worldwide. Location and contact details of worldwide offices can be found on the contact page of the Teradyne website.
Teradyne may share Personal Data with other companies and brands owned or controlled by Teradyne, Inc. (“Teradyne Affiliates”), including, but not limited to:
Teradyne Italia SrL
Teradyne Limited (UK) and its subsidiaries
Teradyne S.A.S. (France)
Teradyne (Asia) Pte. Ltd (Singapore) and its subsidiaries
Teradyne Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
Teradyne Philippines Limited
Teradyne (Shanghai) Co., Ltd
Teradyne Taiwan LLC
Teradyne Thailand Limited
Teradyne, K.K. (Japan)
Teradyne Korea Ltd.
Teradyne Canada Limited
Teradyne de Costa Rica Srl
Teradyne Israel Limited
Universal Robots A/S and its subsidiaries
Universal Robots USA, Inc.
Mobile Industrial Robots A/S and its subsidiaries
Mobile Industrial Robots, Inc. and its subsidiaries
LitePoint Corporation and its subsidiaries
3. Legal Grounds for Processing of Personal Data
Teradyne may process Personal Data if one of the following options applies:
- Individual/company has given prior consent to processing of his/her/its Personal Data for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislation Teradyne may be allowed to process Personal Data until an individual objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, when the processing of Personal Data is subject to European Data Protection laws;
- Processing of data is necessary for the performance of a contract and/or for any pre-contractual obligations;
- Processing is necessary for compliance with any legal obligations;
- Processing of Personal Data is necessary to establish, exercise or defend any legal claims;
- Processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in Teradyne; and/or,
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Teradyne or by a third party, if such interests are considered to override individual/company interests or fundamental rights. Such legitimate interests may include Teradyne’s interests in developing, marketing and selling products and providing services, and pursuing and maintaining business relationship with customers, suppliers, distributors, partners and other business relations.
Upon request, Teradyne will provide information to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to specific processing activities, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
Consent & withdrawal of consent. To the extent that Teradyne’s processing activities are based on the Data Subject’s consent, the Data Subject maintains the right to withdraw his/her/its consent at any time. If Data Subject withdraws his/her/its consent, Teradyne will cease processing of the Data Subject’s Personal Data, unless and to the extent that continued processing is permitted or required according to the applicable Personal Data legislation or other applicable law. If the Data Subject withdraws his/her/its consent, it will not affect the lawfulness of processing conducted prior to the withdrawal.
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in Teradyne or for the purpose of the legitimate interests pursued by Teradyne, an individual may object to such processing by providing a ground related to the individual’s particular situation to justify the objection. However, if Personal Data is processed for direct marketing purposes, an individual can object to such processing at any time without providing any justification by contacting the Teradyne Privacy Officer or Global Data Protection Team.
Notice of statutory or required processing. In cases where Teradyne processes Personal Data based on a legal obligation or a requirement under a contract or a requirement that must be met in order to enter into a contract, the customer is obliged to provide Teradyne with the information so that Teradyne can maintain the customer relationship, fulfil the contract and invoice for our services, etc. If the customer does not wish to provide Teradyne with the information Teradyne needs to comply with contractual and/or statutory obligations, the consequence may be that Teradyne is unable to establish or continue the business relationship.
Individuals are not obliged to provide Teradyne with Personal Data in all cases, for example, for use in Teradyne marketing and newsletter distribution. However, in such instances, the individuals will not be able to receive marketing materials and newsletters from Teradyne.
4. The Types of and Purposes for the Collection of Personal Data
Employment. Teradyne collects and processes Personal Data, including Sensitive Personal Data (if any) of applicants, and candidates for employment purposes and in accordance with legal requirements.
Visitors. Teradyne collects and processes the Personal Data of visitors including name, title, and contact details for security reasons and registers such information in a visitor log prior to granting visitors access to Teradyne premises.
Teradyne Website Users. Teradyne collects, by itself or through third parties, the Personal Data of website users. Such Personal Data may include cookies, usage data, name, contact details, and company information. The Personal Data is collected and processed for marketing, advertising, and analytics purposes, as well as for contacting website users, contacting App users, managing contacts and sending messages, as well as for conducting remarketing and behavioral targeting.
For operation and maintenance purposes, Teradyne and third-party service providers may collect files that record a user’s interaction with the website. Such Personal Data is obtained through consent by the website users and collected automatically on the Teradyne website.
Teradyne’s website does not support “Do Not Track” requests. To determine whether Teradyne’s third-party service providers honor “Do Not Track” requests, please read the providers’ respective privacy policies.
Users are responsible for any third party Personal Data obtained, published, or shared through the website by the user and the users confirm that they have the third party’s consent to provide, publish, and/or share such Personal Data with Teradyne. Users who are uncertain about which Personal Data is mandatory are welcome to contact the Teradyne Privacy Officer or Global Data Protection Team.
Data of Minors. Teradyne’s websites and online services are not directed to children under the age of 16, unless in very specific instances, e.g., issuance of scholarships, under which circumstance parental and/or school consent will be obtained. If Teradyne has Personal Data that pertains to a child under the age of 16, Teradyne will promptly delete such Personal Data from its respective systems.
Marketing. Teradyne collects and processes Personal Data (including name and contact details) about current and prospective customers, business partners, suppliers, distributors, leads and individuals, website users and individuals who have signed up for Teradyne’s newsletters or other electronical marketing materials, for the following purposes: analytics, contacting, managing contacts and sending messages, remarketing and behavioral targeting, advertising, and exhibitions.
Such Personal Data is collected and processed under the marketing consent. Teradyne obtains valid marketing consent through an online form. The marketing department and other related departments must ensure that marketing consent is obtained prior to collecting and processing Personal Data.
Teradyne may use third party service providers to send out marketing information on its behalf in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
For any further questions related to marketing information, please contact the marketing department or the related business divisions.
Educational Programs. Teradyne’s eKnowledge support portals (“eKnowledge Portal”) provides 24/7 access to the latest technical information and downloads to support the operation and maintenance of Teradyne test systems, instruments, and software (“Material”). The eKnowledge Portal collects information from individuals/companies when they register as users on the website at: https://www.teradyne.com/eknowledge/ or when they use a company or other entity user profile on the website, and eKnowledge gathers data when individuals participate on the Portal. The eKnowledge Portal collects and processes Personal Data (including contact details, technical data, the URL user came from, the URL user goes to, the browser utilized by user, user IP address, and user IP domain information and cookies) for the following purposes: to facilitate users’ use of the Teradyne websites, services and products, to contact users as part of Teradyne’s customer relationship and to provide customer service and support, to send newsletters or other marketing material, surveys, etc.
Contracts. In connection with its sales and purchase transactions, Teradyne collects and processes Personal Data, including names, contact details, delivery details, correspondence, and payment details necessary for fulfilling its contractual obligations and as may be necessary to comply with export control regulations and other legal due diligence obligations.
Accounting and Finance. Teradyne collects Personal Data for accounting and financial purposes in accordance with applicable requirements. This information is provided to accounting by other internal departments or received directly from the individuals/companies, employees, and includes information such as name, address, company name, registration number, payment details and bank details, delivery address, and other required information.
Legal Action. In case of a dispute, Teradyne may retain Personal Data necessary for its legitimate interest in ensuring that Teradyne can properly bring and/or defend legal claims in court or during the stages leading to possible legal action. Teradyne may need to share this Personal Data with third parties such as insurance and/or legal advisers and Teradyne may also be required to reveal Personal Data upon request of public authorities.
5. Place and International Data Transfer
The Personal Data is processed in Teradyne’ operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. Teradyne ensures that: (i) the Personal Data is transferred to countries recognized as offering an equivalent level of protection; or (ii) the transfer is made pursuant to appropriate safeguards that require the recipient to treat the Personal Data in a manner that is essentially equivalent to legal requirements.
Specific rules apply when Teradyne transfers Personal Data from the EU/EEA to non-EU countries or international organizations. When transferring Personal Data to non-EU countries or international organizations, Teradyne is obligated to establish appropriate safeguards prior to the transfer, which in practice are established by, e.g., entering the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses (“EU SCCs”) or by collecting consent from the Data Subject (Art. 49(1)(a) GDPR).
The Personal Data relating to individuals in the United Kingdom (“UK”) maybe processed by Teradyne in countries outside of the UK. In this regard, the UK International Data Transfer Agreement (“IDTA”) and UK Addendum will apply to data transfers from the UK to other countries.
6. Retention Period
The Personal Data collected by Teradyne shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose for which the Personal Data was originally collected and in accordance with Teradyne Retention Policy. Teradyne may be permitted to retain Personal Data for a longer period if Teradyne has obtained valid consent to the processing activity, to the extent such consent is not subsequently withdrawn. Furthermore, Teradyne may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period, whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or where necessary to establish, exercise, or defend a legal claim.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be accommodated after expiration of the applicable retention period.
7. Individuals’ Rights
Where legally required, Teradyne shall inform individuals of the purpose of processing their Personal Data; the individuals’ rights to have their Personal Data rectified, deleted or blocked; and the identity of the company responsible for the collection and processing of their Personal Data. In all other cases, users may inquire with Teradyne Privacy Officer or Global Data Protection Team to find out which rights apply to them.
Individuals have the following rights:
- Withdrawal of consent – the right at any time to withdraw previously given consent to the processing of his/her/its Personal Data.
- Access to Personal Data – the right to learn if one’s Personal Data is being processed by Teradyne, and to obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification – the right to verify the accuracy of his/her/its Personal Data and ask for one’s Personal Data to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of Personal Data – the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of his/her/its Personal Data. In this case, Teradyne will not process the related Personal Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed – the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of his/her/its Personal Data from Teradyne.
- Have Personal Data transferred to another data controller – the right, under certain circumstances, to have Personal Data transmitted to another data controller without any hindrance.
- Lodge a complaint – the right to bring a claim before his/her/its competent data protection authority.
To prevent any violation of applicable law, regulations and corporate standards, Teradyne organizes formalized data protection training for its employees in accordance with a corporate training plan. Training on data protection may be conducted via electronic communication, webinars, or in-person training. All employees are trained on basic data protection requirements and certain groups may have more advanced training on Personal Data processing based on business needs.
9. Ongoing Auditing & Monitoring
10. Reporting System and Contact Details
Teradyne Privacy Officer
600 Riverpark Drive,
North Reading, MA 01864
Tel.: +1 (978) 370 1189
Global Data Protection Team
Any request can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed as expeditiously as possible and always within one (1) month or sooner, if required by applicable law.
12. Region Specifics
In accordance with applicable privacy laws and depending upon the jurisdiction, the additional requirements may apply with respect to the collection and processing of Personal Data.
Teradyne may choose or be required by law to provide different or additional disclosures relating to the processing of Personal Information about residents of certain countries, regions or states.
- For the resident of the State of California in the United States, please see the Privacy Notice for California Residents.
- For the residents of the State of Nevada in the United States, Chapter 603A of the Nevada Revised Statutes permits a Nevada resident to opt out of future sales of certain covered information that a website operator has collected or will collect about the resident. To submit such a request, please contact the Global Data Protection Team at email@example.com with the subject line, “Nevada Opt-Out Request.”
- For the residents of Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, and Virginia in the United States, please see the Privacy Notice for Residents of Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, and Virginia.
- For Singapore, please see Singapore Privacy Notice.
- For Japan, please see Japan Privacy Notice.