Optical Power Management and Switching Instrumentation
When incorporated into defense/aerospace ATE, Verta enables reliable, error-free bus communication and interoperability tests to verify performance of high-speed, optically networked military weapon assemblies.
This integrated instrument combines inline optical power management for parametric tests of optical I/O, together with a high-speed, digital switch matrix for concurrent optical and/or copper interconnections among multiple UUT I/O’s and test instruments.
Verta eliminates the need to implement custom ATE add-ons by enabling accurate and repeatable UUT parametric tests. The result is reduced repair cycle time and logistics footprint, while also lowering TPS development time and acquisition cost of multiple instruments—all adding up to longer product life cycles and lower total cost of ownership.
Optical parametric test verifies network spec compliance.
Verta reduces false and intermittent failures (NFF, CND) to ensure that networked systems with marginal or inoperative optical I/Os are not deployed to the field. Verta also improves operational readiness by reducing the number of assemblies in the repair pipeline, lowering support costs.
High-speed matrix switching for optical and copper I/Os.
Verta’s matrix switch supports multiple bus protocols from 100M to 10G, providing the flexibility to replace existing high-speed switches and eliminate redundant test instruments.
Concurrent parametric and functional test ensures network reliability.
Verta’s optical power management integrated with optical and copper I/O switching among multiple test instruments improves fault detection and diagnosis, resulting in higher test quality.
Verta replaces multiple test instruments.
Reduce instrument acquisition and TPS development costs by eliminating the need to design and implement ATE custom add-ons such as optical power meters, optical attenuators, standalone switching, as well as multiple (and often redundant) test instruments.
Production ready and fully supportable.
Verta enables straightforward transfer to supplier ATE, as well as eliminating rapid obsolescence of telecom and datacom equipment with “production ready” test equipment and long-term Teradyne support.
Test of optical high-speed buses—increasingly prevalent in critical defense and aerospace applications, including:
- Newer weapon systems such as F-35 that use a fiber optic backbone to interconnect a distributed array of smart sensors, transducers, displays, and processing units.
- Fiber optic technology added to legacy platforms such as the F/A-18E/F Distributed Targeting System (DTS).
- General test of assemblies used in planes, ships, and land-based vehicles that now increasingly employ optical interconnections.
- Parametric test of optical transmitters and receivers to reduce NFF at assembly test, thus ensuring sub-system interoperability.
- Concurrent test of multiple buses on a single UUT, and parallel test of multiple UUTs.
- Test of assemblies using buses such as Fibre Channel, Ethernet, FireWire, and Serial FPDP.
- Verta, together with the latest generation of instrumentation, such as the Teradyne High Speed Subsystem (HSSub) or AIT product lines ensures, comprehensive test of new and future assemblies with increasing port count and more complex bus protocols.
- Verta Foundation equipped with I/O modules:
- Multi-Protocol Switch Module
- Optical Power and Switch Module
- Wide-Range Power Module
- Multi-Protocol Switch Module (Verta 3010) supports numerous SFP transceivers with optical or copper connections, multiple or single mode fiber that supports multiple bus protocols from 100M to 10G.
- Wide-Range Power Module (Verta 5010) for optical-to-optical testing featuring extended rage power attenuation across the network operating range to verify UUT T/R detect faults, as well as marginal faults causing intermittent network operation.
- Optical Power and Switch Module (Verta 3020) supports multiple bus protocols over multimode fiber. Adjustable power and power measurement detect UUT T/R faults across network operating range. Repeatable functional test results achieved via adjustable output power levels to compensate for ATE path loss
- Rear maintenance Verta Foundations
- Verta-1004 (10 Gbps max., 4-slot)
- Verta-1007 (10 Gbps max.7-slot)
- Front Maintenance Verta Foundations
- Verta-404 (4 Gbps, 4-slot)
- SFP Transceivers
- Optical Ethernet
- Optical Fibre Channel
- RJ45 Ethernet
- Video Coaxial
- Cabling Options
- Verta Optical Patch Cables
- Instrument Connection Cables
- UUT Connections Cables