Eagle Test Systems ETS-88
Test System Optimized for High Throughput, Low Cost of Test for Single Site, Multi-site and Index Parallel Applications
The ETS-88 is an optimal test platform for testing a wide variety of devices including: simple analog, high precision, high voltage, high current / power, automotive, video, audio, complex mixed-signal, as well as emerging power processes like SiC and GaN. The ETS-88 test system hardware is designed to provide independent floating resources per site to avoid resource sharing across sites while improving site-to-site isolation and measurement accuracy.
Multi Test Head design supports high parallel test efficiency, capable of testing up to four unique DUTs per test system in 1 square meter of floor space. Each test head offers up to 72 analog channels and up to 32 digital channels (66/132 MHz).
Industry leading Eagle Vision Software operating from a dual quad core CPU controller supporting both index parallel and multi-site test.
Fully compatible with Eagle’s line of Digital and Floating SmartPin™ Resources.
Test system PC runs on familiar MS WindowsTM operating system and executes programs from C++ Visual StudioTM environment.
- Low dropout regulators, DC-DC converters, Voltage regulators, Boost regulators, Multi phase PWMs, Battery chargers, Hot swap power managers, Gate drivers
- Op amps, Instrument amplifiers, Video amplifiers, Audio amplifiers
- Fuel injectors, ABS controllers, Airbag controllers, Automotive smart switches, CAN transceivers, Motor drivers
Discrete & Power Modules
- MOSFET, IGBT, Diodes, BJTs
- Consumer SPM/IPM, Industrial solar/UPS/motors, Automotive HEV/IEV/SSV
Converters and Mixed-Signal
- Low speed/high resolution D/A converters, High speed D/A converters, Low speed/high resolution A/D converters, High speed A/D converters, CODECs
The ETS-88 multiple test head architecture provides the flexibility to reconfigure the test system using software control. The system is comprised of dual sector test head card cages for up to four sectors depending upon system configuration. Each set of sectors can be bridged together within the test head card cage on an application-by-application basis. The sectors can be configured to operate independently, running unrelated applications if desired, or can all be bridged together to expand the site count of multi-site applications.
The system is controlled using a multi-core PC to maintain isolation between applications. This control method lets you assign cores and test heads to applications for the greatest test efficiency, and provides the ability to support single site, multi-site, and I.P. applications from a common base platform.
ETS-88 Standard Configuration (Up to four sectors)
- Up to 32 digital channels
- Six floating resource slots for up to 72 analog channels
- 32 C-Bits
- Eight programmable master clock channels
ETS-88TH/AC-2500 Configuration (two sectors)
- 12 Floating resource slots (six per sector)
- One DPU-16 instrument per sector (32 pins total)
- Two HPU instruments per sector (400 A total)
- AC-2500 card cage
- AC instruments
- Electronic motor DIB actuator
The ETS-88 test system is a general purpose precision analog and mixed-signal test platform designed for high volume production testing of integrated circuits. The system is optimized for high throughput applications, with a fully integrated multisite software and hardware architecture. Following the Eagle tradition, the ETS-88 test system offers high precision and high accuracy test capabilities. Test speed is only of value if the results are trustworthy. As such, the ETS-88 test system provides both measurement speed and high accuracy, following the Eagle tradition of providing high precision test capabilities with a robust assortment of available instruments such as V/Is, DC/AC voltmeters, digitizers, AWGs, digital pin electronics, and time measurement instruments, all optimized for multisite testing.
8×8 MATRIX: High voltage force / sense crosspoint matrix; any input channel can be connected to any output channel
APU-12: 12 channel, four quadrant V/I with six current ranges ranging from 200 mA to 10 uA at +/-30 V
CAMII: Instrument module designed to measure capacitance in the sub-picofarad range
DAAU: High-resolution generator and digitizer specifically designed for high performance audio applications
Eagle’s software development environment and tool set is truly one of the strongest attributes of the ETS-88 test system. Eagle’s software tools are easy to learn and use, and are fully integrated into the Microsoft Visual Studio development environment. The complete test system command set is supported with automatic code generation tools (ACE™ and GrACE™). This means that users are not required to memorize command arguments and syntax. Graphical plotting tools are provided for simple point-and-click plotting of test oriented waveforms. RAIDE™ (Rapid Access Interactive Debug Environment) makes it easy to view and change tester hardware settings.
Eagle software provides a robust test development environment, offering customers an easy learning curve and uncommon productivity. There are two versions of Eagle software: Eagle Vision (EV) and Eagle Vision MST (EV-MST). Referring to multi-sector technology, Eagle Vision MST allows you to replicate test programs across multiple test head sectors. The standard ETS-88 test system supports both software suites. Adding options, such as the AC-2500, may change which suite is supported.
EAGLE Vision & Eagle Vision MST Graphical Test Programming Environment
Eagle Vision Key Features
- Innovative, easy to use graphical methodology for controlling test system resources
- Fully integrated plotting tools
- Eagle Vision advanced software tools for uncommon productivity
- Fully support multisite parallel testing
- Complete support of pattern-based testing
- Graphical programming methods reduce time-to-market through the introduction of simple and easy to operate tools
Eagle Vision MST Key Features
- EV-MST software architecture supports different modes of operation
- Simultaneous independent applications
- Each application can itself be multisite
- Keeps tester utilization high by continuing to run other applications during changeover
- Traditional multisite applications with synchronized testing on multisite handlers
- Independent communications channels allows near 100% multisite efficiency
- Full index parallel testing that maximizes turret handler throughput
- Specialized datalog handling combines DUT data from different sequential stations
- 100% resource independent QA test