High Speed Subsystem
PXI-Express-Based Bus Test
The High-Speed Subsystem (HSSub) is scalable subsystem with a broad range of reconfigurable, multi-purpose instrumentation configured by HSSub Apps. It addresses test requirements ranging from legacy parallel buses to the latest high-speed serial buses. HSSub may be used as a standalone system or to augment factory, field, and/or depot ATE.
HSSub and HSSub Apps significantly reduce the long-term logistics costs caused by inflexible configurations, multiple point-solution bus test instruments, early obsolescence, low throughput, and inadequate documentation and applications support. HSSub Apps and TriFlex™ infrastructure software support modular programming and reuse, providing a structured methodology for TPS development. This allows programming at the level of abstraction required by the Unit Under Test (UUT). HSSub Apps configure and coordinate runtime-defined instrumentation, enabling reuse of the same assets across multiple test applications. HSSub App development is completely open and may be implemented by Teradyne, third parties, and end users.
High Test Throughput
Optimized for high test throughput, HSSub efficiently handles ever-increasing quantities of test data via concurrent bus operation and appropriately located (Lower Protocol, Upper Protocol, central computer) test operations. This translates to shorter test times and reduced test hardware requirements.
HSSub Apps Target the Right Level of Test
Reusable HSSub apps deliver structured and uniform TPS implementation across all UUTs at the exact level of test detail the particular UUT requires. That means lower programming costs across multiple test programs, developers, and organizations.
HSSub’s architectural flexibility enables addressing existing, new and/or changing test requirements, therefore avoiding the expense of test system obsolescence, lowering the cost of long-term sustainment.
Reduced Test Hardware and Software Complexity
HSSub avoids the need for one-off, multi-source combinations of ITA circuitry, single-purpose bus test instruments, and basic configurable instruments that complicate integration, documentation, and lengthen TPS development times.
All adding up to lower overall cost of ownership.
- Standalone comprehensive test of a wide range of buses—legacy parallel buses to latest high-speed buses—in factory, field, and/or depot repair environments for aerospace and defense products and systems.
- Expansion of existing factory, field and/or depot ATE systems to include comprehensive bus test capabilities for aerospace and defense products and systems.
- Emulation and/or replacement of obsolete test equipment where modern bus test capability is required.
Available HSSub Configurations for Specific Applications
- Ancillary Kit (HSSub-AK) for DOD Standard ATE
- Boundary Scan Test
- Optical I/O Test
- Streaming Radar Data Test
- Avionics Test
- Remote HSSub for Thermal ESS Test
- 19-inch Rackmount with Virginia Panel G20 Interface
- Mil-spec Ruggedized Packaging
- HSSub Remote Test Head
- HSSub Optical I/O Interconnect