Privacy Notice for Residents of Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, and Virginia
In accordance with applicable privacy law, and depending upon the jurisdiction in which the Data Subject resides, the Data Subject may have some or all of the following rights with respect to his/her/its Personal Information:
- Right of Access: The Data Subject may have the right to obtain:
- confirmation of whether, and where Teradyne processes Data Subject’s Personal Information;
- information about the categories of Personal Information Teradyne is processing, the purposes for which Teradyne processes the Personal Information and information as to how Teradyne determines applicable retention periods;
- information about the categories of recipients with whom Teradyne may share the Personal Information; and
- a copy of the Personal Information Teradyne holds about the Data Subject.
- Right of Portability: The Data Subject may have the right, in certain circumstances, to receive a copy of the Personal Information that Data Subject has provided to Teradyne in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format that supports re-use, or to request the transfer of the Personal Information to another person.
- Right to Rectification or Correction: The Data Subject may have the right to obtain rectification or correction of any inaccurate or incomplete Personal Information which Teradyne holds about the Data Subject.
- Right to Deletion or Erasure: The Data Subject may have the right, in some circumstances, to require Teradyne to delete erase his/her/its Personal Information.
- Right to Restriction: The Data Subject may have the right, in some circumstances, to require Teradyne to limit the purposes for which Teradyne processes the Data Subject Personal Information if the continued processing of the Personal Information in this way is not justified, such as where the accuracy of the Personal Information is contested by the Data Subject.
- Right to Opt-Out: The Data Subject may have the right to opt-out of certain processing activities. For example, the Data Subject may have the right to opt-out of the use of his/her/its Personal Information for targeted advertising purposes, or to “sell” or “share” his/her/its Personal Information with third parties in certain contexts.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: If the Data Subject has provided consent for the processing of his/her/its Personal Information, the Data Subject may have the right to withdraw this consent. If the Data Subject withdraws his/her/its consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of Teradyne’ use of the Personal Information before withdrawal.
- Right to Appeal: In the event that Teradyne declines to take action on a request exercising the rights set forth above, the Data Subject has the right to appeal such decision.
The Data Subject does not need to create an account with Teradyne in order to exercise its privacy rights. However, before processing the Data Subject’s request, Teradyne will need to verify Data Subject’s identity and confirm Data Subject’s state if residency. In order to verify Data Subject’s identity, Teradyne will generally either require the successful authentication of Data Subject’s account, or the matching of sufficient information the Data Subject provides to Teradyne which maintains in the systems. This process may require Teradyne to request additional Personal Information from Data Subject, including, but not limited to, email address, and/or date of last transaction with Teradyne.
Teradyne will only use Personal Information provided in a privacy rights request to review and comply with the request. If the Data Subjects choose not to provide this information, Teradyne may only be able to process the request to the extent Teradyne is able to identify the Data Subject in the system(s). Teradyne may not process the request if Teradyne, in good faith, believes that the request is fraudulent. In such instances, Teradyne will send a notice to the requestor explaining the decision. If Teradyne is unable to comply with all or a portion of a Data Subject’s request, Teradyne will explain the reasons for declining to comply with the request.
Opt-Out Rights in Relation to Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. As is common practice, Teradyne permits third party advertising networks, social media companies and other third-party businesses to collect and disclose the Personal Information (including preferences, geolocation, commercial information and internet, network and device information) directly from Data Subject’s browser or device through cookies or tracking technologies when the Data Subject visits or interacts with the websites; uses Teradyne apps; or otherwise engages with Teradyne. These third parties use this information for the purposes of providing ads that are more relevant, for ad campaign measurement and analytics, and for fraud detection and reporting. There third parties may sell that information to other businesses for advertising and other purposes.
Contact Information. In case of questions and/or suspected violations of this Privacy Notice, please contact the Global Data Protection Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any request can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed as expeditiously as possible and always within one (1) month or sooner, if required by applicable law.