Production Board Test
Optimize PCBA Test and Inspection
The unique capabilities of Teradyne’s D2B software enable EMS and OEM manufacturers and partners to interconnect their global enterprises to optimize printed circuit board assembly test and inspection efficiencies early in the manufacturing / build cycle. D2B is a powerful suite of solutions that provides a standards-based architecture that supports GenCAM and ODB++ file formats enabling electronic manufacturers to outperform their competition, maximize profitability, and get to market first.
Powerful Graphical Board Viewer
D2B Viewer includes a powerful graphical viewer for displaying and navigating GenCAM, GenCAD, and D2B project files. Components, signals, and test probes may all be located and displayed with their associated properties.
D2B Viewer makes it easier to:
- View important physical and schematic board data
- Share CAD data between groups using a common tool
- Diagnose and repair boards
Efficient Test & Inspection Program Preparation and CAD Translation
D2B Alchemist software accurately generates all of the information required to execute the increasingly complex manufacturing test, inspection and repair processes required by today’s electronics manufacturers. D2B Alchemist includes a Probe Placement solution that analyzes the printed circuit board design for in-circuit test access and automatically assigns test probes to board nets.
D2B Alchemist accepts data from different formats and generates programs for Teradyne and non-Teradyne test and inspection equipment.
- Single-point solution for managing design data necessary for all popular test and inspection platforms
- Reduces test and inspection program development time with a single integrated environment
- Simplifies data preparation and data correction using software wizards
- Implements practical and customizable probe placement rules for maximizing use of test points and pads
- Automatically increases fixture accuracy and reliability by generating fixture wiring files
One Tool to Quickly View Physical and Schematic Design Data
D2B DesignView software helps test engineers and users in manufacturing by enabling them to quickly view and navigate both physical and logical design data, thus eliminating tedious and error-prone information retrieval processes.
- Quickly view and navigate both physical and logical design data, providing rapid debug capability
- Improves product quality and shortens time-to-market by providing electronic delivery and online viewing of information
- Easily associates schematic references with physical layout, speeding problem resolution
- Utilize the industry standard GenCAM (IPC-2510) format, enabling the use of a wide variety of computer aided design tools
Quickly Identify PCBA Board Revisions
D2B ECO allows users to compare two revisions of a PCB assembly, performing checks for added, removed, or modified components.
- Rapidly compare two CAD layout designs for differences
- Identify impact of new board revisions quickly
- Provides user friendly graphical and text based reporting
- Extensive user controlled searching rules enable quick searches for critical data
- Integrates seamlessly with Teradyne’s D2B Software Suite of solutions, created to accelerate and optimize electronic product manufacturing
Optimize Your Test & Inspection Strategy
D2B Strategist allows manufacturers to develop optimized test strategies based on existing or proposed test and inspection systems. It is the ideal tool to identify the right amount of test, at the right cost, while producing the highest yield.
- Accelerates new product introduction by optimizing test strategies early in the design cycle
- Enables users to reduce the cost of test by helping to define the most efficient test and inspection strategy
- Improves product quality by identifying potential defect escapes and provides tools to define the strategies needed to eliminate the identified escapes
- Provides test feedback on all Teradyne test and inspection platforms
- Maximizes flexibility by supporting Teradyne and non-Teradyne equipment